Diverse technologist with several decades of experience using, configuring, troubleshooting and fixing a variety of operating systems, computer, networking hardware and general electronics. Deep customer service experience with strong interpersonal skills, and a focus on frequent communication, expectation management, and case documentation. Experienced leader with demonstrated strengths working with diverse remote staff, fostering team development.
- *nix - not limited to
- Linux From Scratch
- Sun Solaris 10
Scripting and Automation
- Scripts to simplify troubleshooting SourceFire Linux log investigation and file system navigation.
- various arduino scripts including some novel personal projects.
- Apple Script
- Automated repititive work tasks enabling rapid documention of my team's hot customer issues into a personal knowlage base for later reference and improved situational awareness.
- Automated deployment of multiple raspberri pi computers from base image to an updated and hardened configuration.
Containers and Virtual Machines
- Virtual Box.
- TCP-IP, DHCP, DNS, VLAN, WiFi variants, Other wired and wireless protocols.
- Managed switching
- Ubiquiti WiFi
- Fiber Optic LAN
- Synology NAS.
Security - not limited to
- Kali Linux
- Gnu Privacy Guard (GPG)/ Pretty Good Privacy (PGP)